- The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) sends electronic prescriptions from GP practices to pharmacies.
- New capability means community pharmacies can use VCare’s connected PMR solution for complete management of pharmacy workflows.
- VCare to modernise pharmacy software to enable improved patient and pharmacist interactions.
VCare, the leading medication management platform provider, are pleased to announce that the company have been given ‘Full Roll Out Approval’ by NHS Digital for its community pharmacy Patient Medication Record (PMR) system.
This will allow for the downloading, dispensing and claiming of EPS prescriptions alongside printed prescription.
The connected PMR system will help pharmacies to:
- Improve dispensing efficiency
- Enhance their patient interactions
- Enable intelligent prescription safety checks
Modernising the Pharmacy
Dr. Jagbir Singh, the Chief Technical Architect who has delivered the PMR solution, said:
"As someone who has had to collect medication from pharmacies previously I have always found the communication and patient experience to be lacking when compared to many other consumer businesses. Our approach will enable seamless communication for pharmacy and patients, which will help to drastically improve a patient’s journey when interacting with a community pharmacy. This will help pharmacies to grow and improve their patient retention."
If you’d like to know how VCare's new PMR solution can work for your organisation, contact us to find out more.